Learn how to start a blog, or make the one you’ve got better. Whether you’re a beginner who doesn’t know where to start or a blogger who doesn’t know how to get to the next level, our monthly Atlanta blogging seminar show you how.
If you’re unemployed, under-employed or worried about your job, there’s no better way to survive the recession than becoming an authority in your field…THROUGH BLOGGING. Imagine the VP of Widget International deciding between two finalists. You’ve got a blog called “Market Your Widgets” and the other candidate doesn’t. Who wins?
If you’re an author there’s no better platform than a blog for book sales, speaking engagements, workshops, seminars…and positioning yourself for the next book.
Huffington Post blogger Mike Alvear and Atlanta Magazine columnist (and blogger) Hollis Gillespie show you how to start a blog or improve the one you’ve got. Our next Atlanta blogging class is:
Saturday August 29, 2009, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
Write Better Blogs
* Get a professional assessment of your current blog. If you don’t have one we’ll show you how to create a blog!
* Expert tips for outstanding web writing
* How to blog with magnetic Headlines
* How to make a blog with a “heat map” that attracts readers.
* Create a sneeze page and propel readers deep into your blog
Increase traffic to your blog
* Five things you can do to double your readers in 30 days
* Writing secrets that’ll rank you higher on Google. (It’s about phrases not keywords).
* How to start a link exchange program (linking to other blogs to drive traffic).
How to use New Media to promote your blog
What the hell is Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Feedburner, Digg, Stumbleupon, and RSS feeds? Proven ways to catapult your blog into the world of must-read media. Find out how to:
* Write posts that go viral on Twitter
* Set up Facebook and MySpace so they automatically grab your latest post and splash it on your page.
* Inventive ways of using YouTube, Flkr and ConstantContact to flog your blog.
Make money blogging:
* 5 ways to find direct advertisers for your blog
* The best ad networks to join (they’re free!)
* How to find a sponsor for your blog
* The 3 things you should look for in affiliate marketing (getting a cut of what you sell on your blog)